Sign in to follow this  
Rejuver

Bayside Council needs a shake up!

Very angry about our Bayside Council.

This proposed netball complex in Sandringham that has been plowed ahead with no consultation with neighbours is just wrong.

This Council is just plain arrogant and  have  just blown many Thousands of Dollars on a project that is ill conceived and inappropriate. And it won't be the last!

It's time to rally around and make these people accountable.

I agree this Council treat we Rate payers with sheer arrogance. The sooner this mob get turfed out the better. And we need numbers to make sure that those that replace them get the message.

They work for us, not the other way round!

Edited by Zoner

Unethical practice displayed by non consultation of plan and arrogance by simply avoiding concerns raised. Council leaders have no care for local residence who happen to be rate payers who pay their wages...this mob needs to go if they do not do the right thing. Shame on you Bayside Council leaders.

Agree SVB, because they think we are a solo voice, they think they can trample all over us. Councils are in for a rude shock especially this one!

It will be interesting to see  how these Councils function in the years ahead. People are starting to wake up that there is very little difference between Councilors and Politicians. Many are just about themselves!

With forums as this, Governments will soon get the message they and Councilors should not take their constituents for granted and start addressing the disrespect that many local Councils have towards their ratepayers.

I think Councils need to back to their original job of emptying rubbish and sweeping the streets. Because they are out of their depth in the big projects.

Pretty hard to justify a Mayor earning $90K a year for a part time job when all he has to do is to oversee the Rubbish bins and street sweeping.

Maybe that's the reason they create these monoliths to themselves.

The principle of a toxic waste site, is that you dig a big hole, fill the hole with VARIOUS toxic materials some of which will become more dangerous with time, and lastly you cover it with a layer of soil to minimise any adverse affects to people in the close vicinity.

You DO NOT years later disturb the site for the development of a netball centre, or any other buildings or activities which involve people. 

Twice I have asked the council for the reasons that the other sites considered for the netball centre were not suitable. Still waiting foe an answer!!!

• Thanks 1

I agree A, it is just not good enough. Out of site out of mind. I believe you may be referring To Bayside Council. This Council  do not have the best track record with the EPA,  they plough away trying to ram through projects while trying to keep Rate Payers in the dark. Well their time is up, I think the are in for a rude wakening with their dishonesty and potential dubious practices.